Tuesday, August 10, 2010

These are the days...




Things are crazy around here these days. Three kids...not too bad. Three sick kids? Oy vey. Grayson came down with a little cold a week and a half ago. Long story short, he sounded like that stupid 'Sounds of Pertussis' commercial and scared the crud out of us. I took him in and we're still waiting on the test results. In the meantime, Allie has an ear infection and trying to get that child to take her meds was like trying to bathe a rabid cat. Maddi has decided that being left out was no longer fun for her and she has come down with some sort of cold or something. Yippee!! This is all on the heels of all three of them having some degree of pink eye. We've hit our quota on illness and I fully expect to keep healthy kids all winter long.

You hear that, God? WE'VE HIT OUR QUOTA. Please. And Amen.

G is 12 weeks old and changing every day. Before he went and got all sick on us, he was sleeping 9 hour stretches at night. Granted, he sucks at napping, but I'll take it! He is trying SO hard to roll over (back to tummy) but hasn't quite got it yet. Which is fine. I'm not ready for his first milestone. I've realized he isn't a newborn anymore and that was nearly enough to send my post partum hormones into orbit. That, and I really no longer have an excuse for not starting the weight loss adventure.

Maddi starts Kindergarten in 13 days. Thirteen. Days. I'm so very excited for her. Really. I am. I'm not at ALL secretly an emotional freak about it. Honest. It doesn't make me sad at all that I am sending her off to public school where she will spend all day not needing me. On an up note...she is looking mighty stylish in her skinny jeans. And I'm not just saying that...she actually told me that she was "looking mighty stylish". Love her.

Ohhhh Allie. Where Maddi is my old soul...my 30 year old in a 5 year old body...Allie is my spunky, sassy and downright HILARIOUS little ball of goober. She knows she's funny and she works it hard. I have no idea what I would do with my days if I didn't have her keeping me on my toes. She's having a slightly hard time adjusting to the baby, but she loves him SO much. She loves him fiercely. Literally...I have to make sure she doesn't go all Lenny on us and love him to death.

God has mightily blessed us.




1 comment:

Mark, Wendi, & Mallory said...

Hope there is no whooping cough for the little man who is absolutely adorable. By the way, I love your girls. They are too freakin cute. Keep the pictures coming on the blog and facebook. Mark and I love to see them!