Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Milestones!

My kids....are awesome. Really and truly I think I have amazing kids. They drive me nuts and I am ready for bedtime every night and I love it.

We'll start with Allie since she is at the age where it is milestone blowout.

First and foremost...we have had a first birthday! I don't even want to talk about it too much. It still makes me sad. She is walking...and has been for about two months. She is MUCH more tornado-ish than Maddi ever was. Into everything and is QUICK about it! She is saying the usual...mama, dada, dog, bye-bye...she had recently added HELLO! and no (nah-nah-nah! with her little finger pointed)And some garbled version of Allie. Kevin wants credit for that one, since he says he taught it to her while he changes her diaper. So props to Kevin. We also have 3 1/2 teeth. Teething is no fun, though.

Allie Bop is still such a lovebug! You can count on a big hug when you rescue her from her crib every morning and after every nap. She loves to blow kisses. She LOVES to play with baby dolls and anything her sister had her hands on first. I think she just likes to hear her yell. We have recently added climbing on the couch and attempting a kamikaze leap off the side to her list of "Ways to give mommy a heart attack".

The child loves dog food. I don't get it, and I am sure you don't either.

She is smiley, lovey, sweet, hilarious, determined and ever so slightly impatient (and I know exactly which side of the family THHHHAAAAAATTTTT came from). I want to eat her up at least twice a day.
11

Photobucket

Ohhhhhh Maddi. Maddi's list will be a bit shorter, as her "milestones" have slowed down. The child is too observant for my own good. Yes...I said MY own good.

"Mom...you didn't stop all the way at that stop sign"
"Dad...both hands on the wheel. ou can hold mommy's hand when we get there"

*sigh*

She loves, LOVES dance class. I mean she loves it. She loves her teacher, she loves her dance leotard and she loves to "please, please plie''. I CAAAAANNNNNOOOOOTTTTT WAIT for her recital in the spring. Can. Not. Wait.

Maddi loves to attempt to boss around her little sister and she loves when her daddy gets home at night. She likes to play school. She loves to GO to school. She tells me at least once a day that she loves Ms. Renee and Ms. Pam. She adores getting out her paints and she adores painting for 10 minutes. She does NOT love to clean it up, though. It is "a BIG job and she is a little girl". She loves to color, draw and write her name.

The child is funny...the things that come out of her mouth never cease to amaze me. The other day she told me that she loves Allie and Allie loves her, so that means they are IN LOVE. Awwww...love this kid.

She is really, really trying to assert her independance and sometimes it is cute...such as when she dresses herself in the morning before getting me up. Other times not so cute...like when she argues over every. Little. Thing. I say "that was my final answer and I do not want you to say another word" at least 17 times a day. She gets a bit whiney...not so fun. We're working on that. I'm not sure if it is a 3 year old thing, or if it is a girl thing or what...but it makes me want to poke out my eye with a stick.

Mads is SO smart, incredibly funny, sweet, very sensitive and loving. Such a goofball but sometimes very shy. She has a beautiful soul.

pink

9120

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

What beautiful pics! I swear, Maddi looks 16 in that last one!