Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Shape of a Mother

When I was pregnant, I think one of the hardest things about the entire pregnancy was watching my body change the way it did. It was all beyond my control (OK OK...I suppose I COULD have put down the Twinkie, or I COULD have not sent Kevin on nightly treat runs...shut up). I managed to go from 135 pounds to...198 on the night I delivered. 198. Let's say that again, shall we? 198.

I had her and through the mess of post partum hormones I had to face 9 months of uninhibited gluttony.

Eesh.

I tried here and there to lose the weight, but never really put a true effort into it. In fact, I held on to 20 pounds. A souvenir, if you will.

Got pregnant with Allison. I only gained 40 pounds this time!!! Yay. But, do the math, folks. I delivered at...198. Hrm.

Determined to lose the weight this time, I put us (yes, I said us...Kevin didn't want me to eat alone during my pregnancies) on Weight Watchers. Now, I'm not sure if it was all Weight Watchers, or that I burn mad calories while breastfeeding. For the sake of argument, I will say it was a neat blend of both.

Six months after delivery, I was pre-Maddi weight. I can even wear pre-Maddi jeans. This is HUGE. I LOVE IT.

But hold on...where the Hell is my pre-Maddi BODY?!! It is GONE! Left with me are love handles that weren't there before Maddi. My derriere? It seems to have slipped south a few degrees. Nor was I spared stretch marks. As Maddi told me in my last few days of pregnancy "Wow Mom! You are striped like TIGER!" Thanks Mads. The boobs? Well...all I can say is, after two pregnancies and (now) nine months of breastfeeding...God Bless Kevin. Someone needs to buy that poor guy a beer.

But you know what? I'm okay with all of this. It took some time, but I am okay with it. Look what I accomplished that resulted in the total redesign of my body...they are pretty worth it.

Take a look at this website. I think that it is pretty cool that so many mommies are willing to put themselves out there...in all their squishy, mommy glory. **You could see some boob-age...enter at your own discretion**

http://theshapeofamother.com/

3 comments:

Mandi said...

boob-age all over the place!

Shellie said...

LOL, I feel your pain! My breasts look like an 80 year old woman's! And how is it possible for me to weigh the same as before, but not be able to button my pants? Damn hips!

You looks great, Lynds!

Bridgette said...

Oh gosh, I feel ya, Lynds! I am still holding on to 8 extra pounds and it just will NOT go away!